Rifo is a partner at Firma Hukum MAGNAAR focusing his practice areas on mining, energy, natural resources, and start-ups. Prior to joining MAGNAAR, Rifo started his career as an associate at various reputable law firms in Indonesia. Rifo was a legal manager in a coal mining company and was part of an in-house legal team at an Indonesian media and e-commerce conglomerate group pf companies.
Over the years, he has garnered industry-specific experience in general mining, energy, natural resources, and electricity. Rifo has extensive expertise in handling various legal issues related to land acquisition, corporate restructuring, fintech and e-commerce business activities.
His particular experience in structuring legal frameworks, providing legal opinion and preparing transactions documents for a broad range of transactional and transnational projects/cases within the areas of practices mentioned above has led his to handle various types of international and domestic projects, representing numerous multinational companies and Indonesian conglomerate group of companies in doing their business in Indonesia.
Rifo speaks English and Indonesian language fluently.
Selection of Representative Experiences
- Leading a Proposed Project of Coal Gasification between KEPCO Korea and PT Moa Maju Kurnia Utama*
- Leading on Proposed Project of Coal to Methanol Factory Between SINOPEC and PT Moa Maju Kurnia Utama*
- Advising on Coal Fired IPP bidding process of Project Kaltim 3 and Kaltim 6*
- Advising on the development of Tanah Kuning Industrial Estate in North Kalimantan*
- Representing some prominent coal companies in their land and asset acquisition process*
- Representing Deutsche Bank (Hong Kong) in handling securitizations of PT Duta Anggada Realty, Tbk’s assets in relation to a financing transaction*
- Acting for several Indonesian-based start-ups, e-money and fintech companies*
* Experiences before joining Firma Hukum MAGNAAR
- Corporate Commercial
- Employment and Executive
- Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT)
- Energy, Mining, Natural Resources, and Renewables
- S.H., University of Indonesia, Faculty of Law (Indonesia)
- Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi) [pending admission]