We may monitor the use of this web site and record the Internet Protocol (IP) address of users of this web site. This information is collected by us for our internal purposes only and shall not be disclosed to any other organization except as required by law. In addition, all e-mail communications with our personnel or representatives through Firm-provided email accounts are subject to monitoring and review in accordance with Firm policy and applicable law.
“Personal data” is any data on a person which is identified and/ or may be identified individually or combined with other information both directly and indirectly through an electronic system and nonelectronic system. Such personal data that we may collect from may include:
- Information that you provide to us. We will process personal data that you give to us, including under the following circumstances:
- When you sign up for services on our website (through registration when you download any materials from our website) or contacting us including through email, the personal data you provide may include your full name, title, telephone number, email address, the content, date and time of your email or other correspondence, and information about your employer or your business.
- When you apply for or accept a role with us, you may provide us with your full name, date of birth, education and professional details, employment history, details of your current employer, references, gender, resume, curriculum vitae, photograph, marital status, home address, home telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address, and other details set out in your application.
- Information we collect or generate about you. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access our website, your IP address and your geographic location, your preferred language, the operating system and version of your device, your browser type, the content you view and features you access on our website, and the search terms you enter on our website. We collect information from monitoring use of our website and email communications we send and receive.
- Information we obtain from third parties. We may request or receive your personal data from third parties in certain circumstances, including any public post on social media, information from law enforcement authorities, and any views or opinions from third parties about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is sent by our web server to your computer or mobile device when you access our web site. Our website uses persistent cookies, which enable our web server to recognize your device and browsing preferences each time you visit our web site. For more information on cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org and youronlinechoices.com.
You can block or disable cookies on your device at any time by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. You can also delete the cookies that are stored on your device. However, blocking, disabling, or deleting cookies may limit your ability to view all the pages of our website or some parts of the website may not function well.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings at this time.
Use of Your Personal Data
We may rely on any personal data that you provide to us by using this website. You are responsible to ensure that all personal data provided to us is accurate and up to date. If we become aware of any inaccuracies, we may erase or attempt to rectify such inaccuracies by asking you to confirm the accuracy of your personal data.
We use your personal data in ways as described in this Policy, unless we have obtained your consent to use your personal data in ways beyond what is described in this Policy. We may use your personal data in the following manners:
- to provide legal services to our clients;
- to manage our business and commercial relationships with our clients and other third parties;
- to engage in marketing and business development activities in relation to the services we provide, including sending you newsletters, legal updates and insights, invitation and details of seminars or other events, marketing communications, and other information that may be of interest to you (you may choose at any time not to receive marketing materials from us by emailing us at [email protected]);
- to review and process your job application when you have applied for a position with us;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to manage and analyze usage and performance of our websites or our other online services;
- to improve the services we offer;
- to respond to any requests, or investigate any complaints you may have, or to notify you about any changes to our services or our website;
- to prevent and respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities; and
- other uses in the ordinary course of our business that are permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
We process personal data on one or more of the following grounds:
- based on legitimate interest and other business purposes described above;
- based on your consent;
- under a contract with you, including a contract to provide legal services; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Our website is not designed to automatically process your personal data for the purpose of any individual/personal profiling.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We do not sell your personal data. However, we may share personal data with third parties outside of Firma Hukum MAGNAAR for the following purposes:
- to third party agents or contractors that are subject to confidentiality requirements, in connection with the processing of your personal data for the purposes described in this Policy, such as IT and communications service providers, financial institutions, customer relationship management databases and other cloud-based solutions, third party companies providing us with business analytics and statistics to assist with our marketing campaigns, and third party venues in which we may host events and seminars;
- to third parties relevant to the legal services that we provide, including counterparties to transactions or litigation, other professional service providers, regulators, authorities, governmental institutions, and stock exchanges; and
- to regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies or law enforcement agencies to the extent required by law, regulation, or court order.
Subject to the provisions of applicable laws and regulations from time to time, you may have certain legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you, which you can exercise by contacting us as set out below. Such rights include:
- to request details regarding our processing of your personal data, and access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data;
- to receive certain personal data;
- to request that we update and/ or correct your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to request that we terminate processing, erase, and/ or destroy your personal data;
- to request that we delay or restrict our processing of your personal data;
- to stop unauthorized transfers of your personal data to a third party, or to have your personal data transferred to a third party;
- except for client engagement and recruitment purposes, to choose our processing of your personal data through pseudonym mechanism; and
- to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
Please note that these rights may not be absolute.
Retention of Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which that information was collected as set out in this Policy or for longer as required under any applicable legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements. Should you opt out or no longer wish to receive marketing messages from us, we will securely delete your personal data from the relevant mailing list(s).
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures in an effort to safeguard the personal data in our custody and control. Such measures include, for example, limiting access to personal data only to staff and authorized service providers on a need-to-know basis for the purposes described in this Policy, as well as other administrative, technical, and physical safeguards.
We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. The internet is an open system and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Please note that email is not a secure medium, despite being encrypted. By providing information online, you accept all risks of providing information over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or content of any linked websites. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of each website you visit.