Sahid is a founding partner of Firma Hukum MAGNAAR (previously named as Ramadian & Satari), with about ten years of experience handling a variety of complex corporate and commercial litigation matters. His legal career began at one of Indonesia’s pre-eminent law firms, Ali Budiardjo, Nugroho, Reksodiputro, where he advised high net-worth clients on corporate, financing, and commercial investments across an array of sectors, including power projects, energy and natural resources, forestry and plantations, infrastructure projects, manufacturing, and commercial real estate.
Before establishing Firma Hukum MAGNAAR, Sahid was a registered foreign lawyer in Singapore, with Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP, the largest law firm in South-East Asia. At Rajah & Tann, he advised a range of international clients on their commercial and business operations, acquisitions, land purchasing, and foreign investment in Indonesia. He was also part of the team representing the Indonesian government in an ICSID arbitration, and the Australian-based White Energy Company Limited in the first case to be heard before the newly established Singapore International Commercial Court.
Sahid speaks English and Indonesian language fluently. He has given talks in international seminar, legal training, and as guest lecturer, among others at International Enterprise (IE) Singapore, University of Indonesia, Binus University, and IBLAM Higher School of Law.
Selection of Representative Experiences
- Advising various SGX-listed companies on transfers of their Indonesian assets*
- Advising one of the largest internet company on general corporate matters for their Indonesian subsidiary*
- Acting for a European-based supplier of oil and gas tubular equipment on debt restructuring and dispute settlements*
- Acting for a Chinese-based construction company in negotiating a joint operation agreement and technical services agreement with an Indonesian State-Owned Enterprise
- Acting for several Indonesian-based start-ups and fintech companies in negotiating their seed round investments
- Acting for an Indonesian State-Owned Enterprise in a deal to acquire 3.6 ha of commercial space in Greater Jakarta area
* Matters prior to founding Firma Hukum MAGNAAR
- Capital Market, Banking, and Finance
- Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT)
- Infrastructure, Construction, and Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation (selective basis)
- S.H., University of Indonesia, Faculty of Law (Indonesia)
- LL.M., Boston University School of Law (USA)
- Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi)
- Capital Market Legal Consultants Association (HKHPM)